[OM] Re: ICC Profiles

Subject: [OM] Re: ICC Profiles
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:56:55 -0500
After just returning home and looking at the product box I see I was
still confused on the product name.  XR Pro is what I originally
intended to buy but what I ended up with is called EZcolor Suite.  It
includes the colorimeter and enhanced colorimeter software of XR Pro
plus the IT8 targets and software to profile flatbed scanners and
printers using the scanner as input for the printer.  I paid $313 at the
"seminar special" price.  My recollection of the difference between XR
and XR Pro is that the software is supposed to be sophisticated enough
to tell you when your monitor is a basket case and can no longer be
reliably profiled.  Or something like that.

Chuck Norcutt