[OM] Re: Epson 4990

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson 4990
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:14:13 -0500
Ross, how critical will you be about your 35mm scans?  If all you need
are files optimized for Web viewing or small prints, a good flatbed
should be fine.  If you need better quality 35mm scans, a dedicated
film scanner can give them to you.  You get higher resolution, more
dynamic range and less noise.

Unfortunately, film scanners that are designed to handle MF are
significantly more expensive than those limited to 35mm.  For this
reason, a lot of people get a decent quality 35mm film scanner AND a
decent quality flatbed for MF and larger.  The latter also lets you
can documents and other flat media.

hth/ScottGee1