[OM] Re: Epson 4990

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson 4990
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:17:58 -0000
http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%204990/Page%201.htm
thinks not.  From Vincent's conclusions:

"The 4990 produced better scans than my old Nikon LS1000 (film scanner), but
as with the 4870, falls short of matching the Nikon 4000 Coolscan. This
didn't surprise me, but just how near the Epson comes to dedicated film scan
quality, does. For medium and large format scans the 4990 produces
outstanding quality, certainly good enough for any professional
photographer. The 4990 is a much cheaper option than buying a dedicated
medium format film scanner."

I have no direct experience.

--
Piers