[OM] 'oldies are goodies'

Subject: [OM] 'oldies are goodies'
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:19:17 -0000

A charming article appeared in yesterday's "Observer" - an interview with
David Bailey, with photo by Jane Bown (and a photo og Jane Bown by Bailey).
One passge in particular caught my eye, thinking of the list...

"Jane keeps apologising for her ancient cameras - one of them is 40 years
old, exactly half her age - but 67-year-old Bailey tells her firmly that
'oldies are goodies' and anyway: 'It's not the camera that takes the
picture.' He says he's got about 10 OM1s at home; he's even got a gold one
because Olympus gave it in exchange for one of his (this was presumably when
he was doing ads for Olympus). But, he adds, there is something wrong with
Jane's OM1: 'The lens is opening up too slowly The spring's jamming
slightly. I can hear it. You take it to Olympus and they'll be happy to do
it for you. Get it cleaned at the same time.'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/features/story/0,11710,1646031,00.html has
the full text, but alas no pics.

--
Piers