[OM] Re: Archive Searches?

Subject: [OM] Re: Archive Searches?
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:21:13 -0400
On 11/18/05, bill latham <to_gishi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All
> Using this method, is there a way to discriminate a
> single topic posting within the search results?
> Meaning, Google supplies the entire annual listing for
> an individual posting containing the topic that was
> the search target.  This requires a manual search of
> all postings for that year to get the target topic.
> I've tried to re-Google the topic within the annual
> page, but got the same annual page as the search
> result.
> Thanks
> Bill Latham

Hmmm, when I've done it it's found more than just the page listing
everything for the year, it should find individual messages as well.
But you're right, you can't really narrow down the search to be more
refined. But, you could re-google with a different string once you had
the specific thing you were looking for. It's also a good idea to play
with quoting a group of words to force google to match that entire
string. For instance, Tamron 80-200/2.8 is not the same as "Tamron
80-200/2.8".