[OM] Re: OT - Problems writing images to CD

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Problems writing images to CD
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:49:31 -0000 (GMT)

> My guess would be as follows, Mike:
>
>       Make a new directory on your PC
>       Copy the files one by one in the order in which you want them to
> appear on the DVD
>       When all are copied, burn your DVD from your new directory.

Windows can sort files in a directory by name, date created etc
automatically when you view a directory. With a dvd player the directory
listing is usually in the order written to disk and not in any sorted
order. You may find that you cd writting software also has a stratergy for
ordering the files in a directory and you may have to switch this off in
the options/preferences sectio of your cd writting software.
James

P.S.
You may also want to be careful about the names of files *if* the dvd
player is sorting by name
For example
file10 will be before file9 in a strictly alphabetical ordering of files
because 9 comes before 1 in the ascii alphabet. So generally I number
photographs as
file010 file009 etc
in this way they will be orderred correctly because 0 comes before any
number in the ASCII ordering.