[OM] Re: Buying an external DVD burner (mostly OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying an external DVD burner (mostly OT)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:49:26 -0800
Marc Lawrence wrote:

>Thus, are there any specific recommendations people
>have. From what I have seen a LaCie D2 DL 16x
>gets reasonable raps, and I've priced it around the
>traps, but I'd appreciate second opinions and
>alternatives.

I've been very happy with an inexpensive Memorex 8x. Does all formats
except dual layer, which you don't want for back-up and they probably
have a new model that's faster and does dual layer too.

Has two firewire and one USB2 ports and can be attached to two computers
at once. Don't know what happens if they both try to use it at once,
haven't tried that, but only doing someting on one at a time one at a
time, it works great.

Moose