[OM] [Kinda OT] Viewing images on a laptop as you shoot

Subject: [OM] [Kinda OT] Viewing images on a laptop as you shoot
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:14:22 -0800
Pardon the semi-OT question.... I've seen a few shoots (fashion, product) on
the street here in Seattle where a DSLR is connected to a laptop while
shooting. I assume the images once taken appear immediately on the screen.
Seems like that'd be a pretty slick way to preview and make sure you've got
the shot, all the detail is there, etc. Anyone know how this is done? Is
there is any special equipment/cabling needed to do this other than the
normal USB connection? What settings would one use, for a C*n*n DSLR?

Got my OM-EOS adapter from Cameraquest yesterday....looking to do my first
full-frame digital architectural shoot here soon.

Rob in Seattle