[OM] [OT] List is Crazy

Subject: [OM] [OT] List is Crazy
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 07:01:33 -0800 (PST)
Here is what came back when I responded to the "Speaking of Squirrels" thread:

Request received for list 'olympus' via request address.>> Chuck,Unknown
command.>> Moose pretty much summed up what's involved into it...Unknown
command.>> He was a guest of our house for about a two weeks. We did not know>>
what we were getting into at first, but quickly found out thanks to>> the
Internet. Unknown command.>> At first, the plan was to keep him as a family
pet, but since we like>> to travel, we couldn't keep him, because he had
special needs and we>> thought that would be too much to ask for from our
friends.Unknown command.>> It seems that the main reason little squirrels don't
survive is the>> lack of proper feeding. One needs special formula and also the
will>> to get up a few times at night...plus a good electric heating
pad.Unknown command.>> He was perfectly happy and healthy at the time when we
surrender him>> to the only squirrel rehab facilities in a hundred miles
radius. Proper>> release to the wild should be done by professionals
only.Unknown comma
 nd.>>
 BorisUnknown command.>> I hate to ask if the little guy survived. It reminds
me of severalUnknown command.>> attempts in the distant past to nurse
andandoned or orphaned wild lifeUnknown command.>> babies... none of them
successful.Unknown command.>> Chuck NorcuttUnknown command.>>
---------------------------------Unknown command.>> Yahoo! FareChase - Search
multiple travel sites in one click. Unknown command.No commands detected in
message.** Listar HELP FILE **By Jeremy Blackman, JT Traub and Ryan T. DeanTO
GET A LIST OF LISTS:        Send a message to the listar account on the server
with a subject       of "lists".  A list of lists hosted by the server will be
returned      to you.TO SUBSCRIBE TO A LIST:  Send a message to the listar
account on the server (you can just        reply to this message).  In the
subject field, enter "subscribe [listname]".  Or, you can send a message to
"[listname]-request"        with a subject of "subscribe".TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM A
LIST:       Send a message to the listar account
 on the
 server (you can just   reply to this message).  Enter "unsubscribe [listname]"
in the  subject field.  You can also send a message to  "[listname]-request"
with a subject of "unsubscribe".        While you should NOT send your
unsubscribe command to the list        itself, Listar will attempt to trap such
erroneous postings and        forward them to the list administrators for
proper handling.TO GET A DIGEST EVERY DAY:        Send a message to the listar
account on the server with a subject       of "set [listname] digest".  This
will turn on digests, and you will receive a digest however often the server is
configured to send them.TO STOP GETTING A DIGEST:     Send a message to the
listar account on the server with a subject       of "unset [listname] digest".
 This will turn off digest mode, and      instead you will receive an eMail
every time something is posted        to the list.TO GET A DIGEST AND NORMAL
 of "set [listname] digest2".
   This
 will activate digest mode with normal posting.  As each message is posted to
the list it will be       sent to you, and you will receive a digest as well.
This flag  should be used INSTEAD of digest, NOT IN ADDITION TO.   To stop
receiving digests in addition to normal posts, send a   message to the listar
account with a subject of "unset [listname]        digest2".  You will go back
to receiving normal posts.TO FIND OUT WHO IS ON A LIST:    Send a message to
the listar account on the server with a subject       of "who [listname]".  You
will receive a list of people subscribed      to the list who are not hidden.
Admins will be able to see     everbody, including those hidden.TO HIDE ON A
LIST:     Send a message to the listar account on the server with a subject
  of "set [listname] hidden".  You will no longer appear on WHO   queries to
the listserver.  No one (except Admins) will know you        are subscribed to
the list unless you post to it (in which case those people on the list will
know you posted if nothi
 ng
 else).TO STOP HIDING ON A LIST:        Send a message to the listar account on
the server with a subject of    "unset [listname] hidden".  You will then show
up on WHO queries        to the listserver.TO GO ON VACATION:    Send a message
to the listar account on the server with a subject of    "set [listname]
vacation".  You will remain subscribed to the list      but will not receive
any eMail as long as this flag is set.  To come back from vacation, eMail the
listar account with a subject of        "unset [listname] vacation".TO CHECK ON
YOUR OWN STATUS:     Send a message to the listar account on the server with a
subject       of "stats [listname]".  You will get a list of all the flags
currently set on your account.TO GET A LIST OF FLAGS AVAILABLE: Send a message
to the listar account on the server with a subject       of "flags".  An eMail
will be sent to you with the available flags      that you can set on your
account.TO GET A LIST OF COMMANDS AVAILABLE:   Send a message to the listar
account on the server with a su
 bject  of
 "commands".  An eMail will be sent to you with all the commands        that
the server and any installed modules offer.---Gestionnaire de liste Listar/0.42
- fin de traitement/job execution complete.