[OM] Telescopic Auto Tube Problem

Subject: [OM] Telescopic Auto Tube Problem
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:55:45 EST
I'm looking for anyone who has experienced a similar problem.

I've acquired an older 65-116 telescopic auto tube that seems to have  a
linkage malfunction. It works fine for a while after attaching to the  camera
body
and lens, but changing the aperture setting on the lens causes  the tube to
emit an audible "click", and the aperture ring becomes decoupled  from the
body...it acts as if the aperture has a fixed setting at wide open.  Sometimes
it
takes a bunch of aperture changes before it fails, but eventually,  it always
fails. It seems to be worse with one of the lenses.

It behaves this way with three different bodies, and 2 different  lenses. All
is nominal without the tube, and any lens on any body, so the tube  is not
acting correctly.

Anybody had any similar "fun"? And any luck getting it fixed?

Dave in Denver