[OM] Re: Zuikofest Wintertime Workshop

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikofest Wintertime Workshop
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:05:38 -0600
On 11/4/05, Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         I'm afraid I did AG a disservice by ranting on about these biting
> flies. In most NE states they emerge in the Spring and by the end of July
> they are virtually gone. Once I learned that, I limited my backpacking in NY
> to late Summer/ Fall and never had a problem with insects.
>
> Charlie

AG and I were getting bit by flies in early October, though it was
warmer than usual this year and they were mainly concentrated down by
the water.  Other occasions when I've been to northern Michigan in
early October the wind, rain, and snow was more the factor.

In Michigan they wear red plaid jackets and caps with earflaps.  The people too.

Joel W.