[OM] Re: #369

Subject: [OM] Re: #369
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:12:58 -0700
Wayne Culberson wrote:

>Okay, being from a farm, I recognized a hay feeder laying on it's side, but
>what are we 'looking through' here?

It's a piece of some WWII ship, a submarine, I seem to remember.
Sometimes, like this one, I forget that digital allows me to capture the
labels on things without wasting film. My excuse is that I was shooting
film that day too, but had run out by this time. I took a couple more
close-ups of it that I like
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Submarine/>.

>Nice picture - a concept I can start looking for perhaps.

Maybe it should have been one of the TOPE themes. There's always next
time. It's something I do fairly often, with mixed results. This and the
2 that preceed it are that sort
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Cloisters/pages/Clois1069.htm>.

And here's another <http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Looking2.htm>.
 I loved the subject, but didn't have enough DOF for the background
through the culvert. Not bad If you don't look too closely. It would
have benefitted from another shot focused on the scene through the
culvert to combine with this one. Oh well, next time. :-)

You know, this WOULD make a good TOPE theme.

Moose