[OM] Re: OM holiday snaps

Subject: [OM] Re: OM holiday snaps
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:24:53 -0700
Jeff Keller wrote:

>I need to get up to date on "styles". Thanks for the example Moose.

I don't know about styles. I was just looking for a way to critically
compare two versions of an image. Easy enough in PS, I do the changes
all on layers, which I can switch in and out instantly without moving my
eyes. I just wanted to do the same thing on a web page. Not an original
idea, of course, as I've seen it on fancy web pages, but they are
usually done in either something other than HTML and/or use style sheets
or something else I know so little about that I don't even know its
name. So when I simply look at the web page source, it doesn't help me.

Here I just went to a web site with all the HTML commands, subcommands,
parameters, etc. and fooled around until it worked.

Do you suppose that if I read HTML for Dummies, Javascript for Dummies
and PHP for Dummies, I would know how to do it all - or might my head
just explode, rendering the whole thing moot?

>I believe the old way to preload an image was to insert it at the bottom of
>the page and set its size to one pixel.

I'll try that, thanks,

onmouseover = Moose = onend.out