[OM] Re: 5050 Repair advisory.pdf

Subject: [OM] Re: 5050 Repair advisory.pdf
From: Robert K <nizora@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:50:31 +1000
Not sure if this has been posted here.

Robert K

European Customer Support Centre

Tel. 0080067108300 +491805671083 +494023773899 Fax +494023773407 E-Mail
di.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this manual has been compiled by taking all
possible measures to ensure its accuracy. However Olympus takes no

responsibility for any damage of your hardware or data lost caused by
improper use or non-acquaintance of the user.

1/1

Category: Technical Support Article No. 051014001

Title: Repair Service Advisory

Applies To: Olympus C-5050ZOOM and C-730UltraZOOM

It has recently come to our attention that a limited number of C-5050 Zoom
and C-

730UZ cameras may exhibit the following symptoms:

In picture taking mode, the camera will produce pictures

that are of a gray or purple tone or the pictures will be

completely black. If the LCD monitor (or the C-730UZ

electronic viewfinder) is used to compose the picture, the

preview display will also be dark.

NOTE: This problem may be accelerated if the product is frequently exposed

hot and humid environments.

For further details please feel free to contact our European Customer
Support Centre

by using above mentioned contact information or get in contact with your
local

Olympus Repair Centre

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Q: My camera is not experiencing this problem now but I'd like to have it
serviced now. Would this be OK?

A: We anticipate that there will be an increase in the volume of repairs for
the first few months after this

advisory is announced. If your camera is functioning properly now, we
recommend that you hold off on

sending the camera in until after January 2006. At that time, we will repair
the defect even if your

product is not exhibiting a problem.

Q: I previously experienced problems with my camera like described and had
to pay to have my camera

repaired. This doesn't seem fair. Can you do anything for me?