[OM] Favorite portrait lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Favorite portrait lens for OM
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:00:51 -0400
Cc: marniemc2002@xxxxxxxxx
Hmmm.  As I was shopping with my gift certificate to B&H for all the mentioned
lenses, ran across the Voigtlander 125mm f2.5 macro (apo-lanthar) for OM.  This
really appears made by Cosina the Rodney Dangerfield of manufacturers. It
probably does not have rare earth elements and the name appears to be a
leftover.  I think it has two full turns from close focus to infin and is
capable of 1:1.  Found no easily available comments in the archives, Gary's
site or photodo MTF rankings--though a good number of the older Cosina MF were
quite crummy.  The lens is supposed to be good MTF wise though I could not
stumble upon the data on the Japanese Cosina site.  More interested in actual
use opinions anyway.  It looks pricey but not outrageous.  Hope someone has
tried it or has an opinion.  I would rather stick to tried and true.  PS.
Noticed very nice macro pics posted from Moose a while back---I believe with
the Tamron and a teleconverter.  I am definitely avoiding similar bee macro
  shots with my 50 mm.
Mike