[OM] Re: back for a bit (E-1 auto-focus)

Subject: [OM] Re: back for a bit (E-1 auto-focus)
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:15:21 -0400
Hey, thanks for that understanding. Temporarily back is simply
life being way too busy for me to really give back to the list as much
as I take. Photography has taken a back burner to being in
startup company mode. Although we are doing a wireless camera,
low resolution though.

Indeed the problem occurred indoors, with possible lighting effects
that could cause what you described. The auto-focus assist light
did not improve things. I also tried the FL-40, which has an external
auto-focus assist light. I don't think the sensors are dirty, although I
guess they could be. Any chance the ultrasonic cleaning of the CCD
could throw stuff into the auto-focus sensors?

I'm reluctant to send the camera in, as the problem only started with
a change in the firmware, but I think light controlled by dimmers may
be the issue.

Do you ever use the continuous auto-focus mode?

I'll do some more experimenting. Although the temptation of a full
frame sensor is alluring. I have never quite gotten used to the E-1
4/3 aspect ratio. I'm still a 35mm 3/2's person at heart.

Wayne