[OM] Real Photography

Subject: [OM] Real Photography
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:05:17 -0700
Tongue in cheek there.

I had lunch yesterday with a friend who lives in West LA and we ended
up going for a stroll through the annual sidewalk artists' exhibit in
Beverly Hill. I was surprised at the high level for many of the
exhibits. They sort of balanced the schlock you always see at these
things. One guy by the name of John Lewis had a stunning set of
mostly small black and white prints apparently taken with really
vintage gear. They looked like they were a hundred and fifty years
old. I found his web site if anyone wants to take a look.
Unfortunately the small images there and the selection of images do
not do justice to his skill although a few have that ancient look
many had at his booth. Nothing like a really nice print, in person.

http://lewiseye.com/gallery01.htm

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA