[OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Flash for the E-series
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:53:51 +0200
: Heh, I guess you're right -- I figured setting the flash onto either
: manual power or telling the flash to control itself would stop any
: signals getting sent 'outside' that might confuse the camera, and it
: seems to be okay.

Even in manual mode an extra signal is sent: 'flash ready' - making a
led in the viewfinder of compatible OM bodies light. In normal auto mode
(computer flash) a 'flash ok' signal is sent, making the led blink.

You were lucky the contacts don't match.

Hans