[OM] my 2x converter

Subject: [OM] my 2x converter
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:19:35 -0300
At a camera shop in northern Cape Breton, Nova Scotia I came across a 2X
converter which fits perfectly into my OM4T and which couples with my OM lenses.

There is no mention of brand name anywhere on the device but here are a few
details from which someone might be able to identify the patentage of what I
bought.

The front to back thickness with both front cap and back caps in place is 1
7/8".

The following wording appears around the matt black finish of the front half of
the barrel:

FOCAL MC 2X CONVERTER  Made in Japan OM

The "MC" is written in orange.

There is a red dot on the outer edge of the body mounting ring immediately
below the "C" in FOCAL.

The back cap has the slightly raised letters "OM" 3/16" high embossed in the
dead centre.

There is a knurled rubber ring 1/4" wide round the entire barrel immediately
between the writing round the barrel and the body mounting ring.

There is a red spot on the lens mounting plate immediately ahead of the "X" in
the "2X CONVERTER"

The rear and front optical elements look to be in absolutely spotless condition.

The entire device looks one atom less than in mint condition.

Including a perfectly fitting black leather case my entire outlay was Cdn$15
plus 15% sales tax.

Is this a FANG or did I get hosed?

John Hudson