[OM] Re: Mr. Adams' Show

Subject: [OM] Re: Mr. Adams' Show
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:34:13 -0700
Nothing like a big print. Years ago I saw the exhibit of images that
he had selected to be shown in museums and it was spectacular,
although I kind of thought the prints were so huge as to suffer,
beyond the limits of the film and lenses. I was similarly mesmerized
even longer ago by a 16x20 print of Moonrise over Hernandez printed
by Adams hanging in the photography shop in Yosemite.

The last exhibit I saw was very interesting because it showed his
growth as an artist. He began as a typical pictorialist, not very
distinctive at all, but very competent. But my goodness he got his
vision somewhere along the way.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA