[OM] Re: e-500 review and reminiscing about OM London meet

Subject: [OM] Re: e-500 review and reminiscing about OM London meet
From: jason.gidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:35:18 +0100
Hi Bill,

I daresay I'm not the only one, but the OM kit has expanded sine we all met
in 2003.  Most significant additions have been 21/3.5, 35-70/3.6 plus an
OM-1 (surely the best looking camera ever made) an OM-2n (thanks Piers) and
an OM-PC that has a penchant for transatlantic flight (thanks John H).

I too have been tempted by the e-thingy but have thus far resisted.  This
is mostly due to the reluctance on my part to sell most of the OM stuff in
order to finance the deal.  As for another meet of like minded individuals,
sounds great.  I'd love to pass through Huston, but I suspect that the next
time I make it to the states it will be for a holiday on horseback in big
sky country.  Now that I think of it, Wyoming is on the list of
possibilities. Perhaps I'll chance upon the secret factory!

Cheers.

Jason.

Bill wrote:

<snip>
In the test shots for this new camera it looks like the guide must have
been
one of the participants in the Olympus meet we had in London a few years
ago.  Although he didn't post any pictures from The Swan, he certainly
went
there.  He was, after all, already on the other side of the  Thames.  It
might be
interesting to have a reunion of the  previous crew of OM Thames river rats
and see how our kits have changed  over the past few years.  We could even
invite some others.  That  is not a proposal.  Really, it isn't.  No, I'm
not
planning a trip  across the pond anytime soon.  Hmm, it would be nice.
Maybe
2007.  Anyone passing through Houston?    Bill  Barber
</snip>

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority