[OM] Re: Advice, Macs, Projectors, vaguely on-topic !

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice, Macs, Projectors, vaguely on-topic !
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:57:03 +0200
Hi Jon,

Jon Mitchell wrote:
> Anyway, 2nd thing.  A friend of mine (shooting a C*n*n Digital - one of
> the expensive ones !) has been asked to shoot a show that his sister is
> doing at Uni.  He wants to show off the pictures straight afterwards,
> and wants to do a slide show either on a Monitor or using a projector
> onto the wall.

Our university has a projector screen in each course room, so I have a
hard time imagining a university without a proper projector screen at
all :-)  Also, it has a rental service for computer projectors that's
free (obviously, only university related requests).

Maybe your friend can rent a laptop and enquire with his sister if such
a service, or other projection infrastructure, exists.  Hell, if it's
just JPGs he wants to project, he might as well find anybody with a
laptop and just dump his stuff onto a CD/DVD.  If he needs HyperCard (I
guess I'm not up to date on Apple software :-D), an Apple is
unavoidable, of course.

But do tell him to enquire how the university usually handles
presentations on Apple machines.  It could be much cheaper than you imagine.

--
Peter Leyssens