[OM] Re: e500

Subject: [OM] Re: e500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:03:23 -0700
Jonas Otter wrote:

>Moose wrote:
>

>>Om-2 and 4 series had AM. I sometimes wished they had S.
>>

>I have cameras with M, AM (M*nolta, inherited) and PASM (C*n*n P&S). At first
>I thought that I would have preferred S to A, but having considered tha matter
>and used A quite a bit, I find they are equivalent. Given subject, lighting
>and film ISO, the relationship between shutter speed and aperture is fixed for
>a given exposure, so if I have A and would prefer a certain shutter speed, I
>simply adjust the aperture until the meter shows the speed I want, and vice
>versa.

No disagreement: that's why I said "sometimes" A works very well and now
that I have a PASM DSLR, it is in A most of the time.

>Unrelated to this but to another thread, I find that the C*** P&S consistently
>overexposes by about a stop when set to matrix metering. Setting it to
>centre-weighted produces the correct exposure. Maybe C*** have the same bug in
>all their cameras?

My much simpler Can*n P&S is mostly set at -2/3 EV, except in very flat
light. F10, in what some designer with a sense of humor called Manual
Mode, is set to -2/3 EV. A flip of the mode switch to Auto puts it to
zero, so I have two setting at my fingertips.

Moose