[OM] Re: TTL fill-in flash for OM -f/u Macro question

Subject: [OM] Re: TTL fill-in flash for OM -f/u Macro question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:07:28 -0400
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

   Are there stakes
> with a hot shoe  to mount the flash? I suppose I could epoxy a hot
> shoe  on a wide garden stake to free up a hand. Mike Gordon

It's called a light stand.  No need to drive it into the ground.  It's
more versatile with the addition of an umbrella bracket (with or without
the umbrella)  You could also use a small tripod to do the same thing.

There is a Bogen umbrella bracket depicted here attached to a cheap
tripod.  The umbrella bracket allows tilting the flash head up and down.
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/gear/Umbrella%20adapter%20mounted%20on%20tripod%20%232.jpg>
price for this one is $27.95 at B&H
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=5156&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>

There is a 1/4-20 stud projecting from the top of the bracket to which
you attach your 1/4-20 threaded hotshoe.  In this case the 1/4-20 stud
is being used to hold the homemade twin T-32 bracket.

Alternatively you could probably use a cheap tripod which would provide
tilt and swivel for the flash without the cost of the umbrella adapter.
  The umbrella, however, is good for diffusing the light.

Chuck Norcutt