[OM] Re: New Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: New Olympus
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:04:27 -0300
On 9/27/05, iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'ld really like to see that 12.55mm f1.4 they have in the patent papers of
> the E-1, together with the 300mm f2.8
>
> That and a 42.5mm f1.4, and I'ld have just a 2 lens kit (couldn't afford more
> anyway!) with maybe two bodies.

I agree too. One of the big selling points from Olympus when
developing the 4/3 system was that the lenses could be made smaller
and lighter. So where are the fast lightweight lenses? The 35-100/2
weighs more than C*n*n's 70-200 IS L and that has stabilization. Yes
the DZ is a full stop faster but that's still pretty heavy when you
consider that it's a shorter focal length lens that doesn't have to
cover as large an image circle.