[OM] Re: Taking photos in rainy, wet weather

Subject: [OM] Re: Taking photos in rainy, wet weather
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:06:07 +0200
Jerry,

Jerry Smith wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>  Mostly lurking here now, came up for a quick breathe. I was wondering what
> the best, different ways, to try to waterproof your camera and gear in rainy,
> wet conditions? Conditions could be from a mist to hurracane force rain. Tia
> for all your help. Going back under now...

On Orkney, the island group just North of Schotland, I just put my
OM-4Ti under my rain coat & protected it with my hands while shooting.
That didn't stop it from getting soaked, and that didn't stop it from
continuing shooting away.  YMMV.

BTW: the winds in Orkney are legendary.  100km/h is called "slightly
windy".  The saying goes that, if the winds would stop, Orcadians (the
inhabitants) would fall over because they're not used to it.

--
Peter Leyssens