[OM] Re: Still in Sugar Land

Subject: [OM] Re: Still in Sugar Land
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:36:35 +0000
Bill,

Hope you stay safe and undamaged.  At least it looks like you're going to be on
the "good" side of the storm.  Our Dickinson folks headed for the hills
Wednesday afternoon.  Even with that early a start, it took them nine hours to
cover the 130 miles to up near Navasota, and they did most of it on back roads.
 Now, the word seems to be that if you ain't left yet, don't try to.

Why in the hell weren't the interstate highways in Houston made one-way out of
town by dawn yesterday?  From what I'm seeing, even now, they still are not.  I
certainly can't agree that the government idiots have handled the situation
properly.  I've spent enough time in Houston to know that if anybody really
needed to get INTO town, there are plenty of access roads and surface streets
to get them there.

And at this moment, with CNN showing video of an obvious breach of a levee in
New Orleans, the Corps of Engineers is denying that's so, calling it a little
"overtopping."

End of this rant.  Stay tuned for further observations.  :-[

Like Abe said, you can fool half the people all the time.  Problem is, those
are the ones who vote.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from