[OM] Re: New film for our OM:s

Subject: [OM] Re: New film for our OM:s
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:58:23 +1000
>Hi!
>
>I'm a bit off the list at the moment so forgive if this has been
>aired here before.
>
>The new films from Rollei. Very interesting. Anyone had the
>opportunity to try any of them?
>
>http://www.rollei.de/en/produkte/produkt.cfm?id=Rolls&name=Rolls
>http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19296
>
>/ Johan

Verrrry interesting...  The discussion on APUG is inconclusive regarding
the film's origins.  Some say Agfa and/or Maco are involved.  Rollei seems
like it is throwing its lot in with analogue - but then the company never
was one to follow the pack.

The most interesting aspect is the packaging. Pro packs come in a wooden
box with a cardboard wrapper around the box to differentiate the different
films inside.  That's right folks - wooden!
See this pic -
http://www.photo.net/bboard/uploaded-file?bboard_upload_id=25646984

JandC in the US will probably stock these films.  But seeing as how I've
recently bought a largish quantity of Efke 25 it'll be a while before I
sample any Rollei film.  But I will eventually.

Andrew McPhee