[OM] Re: Off camera grips for e-1 with FL-50

Subject: [OM] Re: Off camera grips for e-1 with FL-50
From: Stylianos Georgakis <stelge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:52:32 +0300
I use the FP-01 flash power grip with the E-1 and I'm very happy with
the results. Yet I think that its price is about $250 and you must add
$25 for a grip strap which is a must in my opinion. The major advantage
of the FP-01 is that it has a shutter release button and with the
appropriate cords you can operate the shutter while holding the grip.
Cons are that it takes long to make the connections of the 3 cords as
you have to secure the caps and that it's a little bulky.
Another option for operating the FL-50 flash off camera is the FL-BK01
and FL-CB02 combo at about $100. I have also used this combination with
the E-1 and there is a great problem. If you position the flash near the
compact flash's door it's difficult to operate the shutter. On the other
hand if you mount the bracket the other way the flash is near the axis
of the lens and you get about the same results with the flash on the
camera's hot shoe. Good luck whatever your decision.

Regards,
Stylianos