[OM] Re: Warning about OM adapter for digital - also FS fourthirds adapt

Subject: [OM] Re: Warning about OM adapter for digital - also FS fourthirds adapter $105
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:58:15 -0700
Just a couple days ago, an Olympus four-thirds adapter sold on yaBe for just
under $105.

Seems like many of the C*non users are buying third-party adapters and
putting wide angle Zuikos on their cameras because the C*non offerings don't
make them happy.

I just got a couple E-300 pictures back from Adorama printed at 9"x12". They
probably aren't quite as good as the 16" x 20" drum scan prints from a
medium format camera, but most people wouldn't notice any difference other
than size. Needless to say the price difference was a couple factors of 10.

It seems pretty hard to justify spending more than an E-300 costs and I
don't see any compelling reason not to stick to Olympus ... YMMV

-jeff
I wouldn't expect Olympus to keep making and giving away the adapters for
free. They did good for Zuikoholics other than down under.

Also I have an extra adapter that I bought on yaBe. FS: $105