[OM] Best collection of lenses for OM-2 and ? new digital

Subject: [OM] Best collection of lenses for OM-2 and ? new digital
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:44:05 -0400
I have been biding waiting for the next Oly offering-- or ?jump at 5D, if it
pans out.  I have been increasingly enamored of my OM-2 and just got a 50mm 3.5
macro.  I have a Sigma MC 30-70 2.8-4.5 zoom (OK, compact  but not very
impressive at <f5.6, and some pin-cushion at 70mm) I did not wish to spend a
fortune as I was contemplating a dig format and bought a Zuiko 70-210 zoom at
B&H for approx $100.00 last year.  I am glad I have had it as it is compact and
I can still fit everything in one backpack.  It is not terribly sharp.  I
thought I might sell it back and trade up, if the replacement could double with
an adapter for the yet to be purchased dig body and perform well.  I otherwise
have a low serial# Zuiko 50mm f1.8, a Zuiko 24 mm/2.8, and Oly 2X converter.  I
was thinking a should get a 50mm f1.4 (>1,100,000) as nothing I have works
great in low light, it seems to have rave reviews by most.  The new Tamron zoom
with adaptall mount (?35-105) with ED glass seems to be di
 sappointing.  Appreciate any thoughts esp on telephoto prime or telephoto
zoom.
Much thanks to all with advice on use of Vivitar 283 and T20 fill in flash non
TTL auto.  I had to use it last weekend in Vermont with 24mm (no chance just to
back-up 1.4X distance).  It worked like a charm.  Thanks for any input.
Mike