[OM] Re: Adapter from Poland, was: Re: Aftermarket MA-1 adapters spotted

Subject: [OM] Re: Adapter from Poland, was: Re: Aftermarket MA-1 adapters spotted
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:13:16 +0200
I imagine that was the point for my friend, to catch dirt and dust
before they could reach the filter in front of the sensor, but I too
agree that I'm not sure I would try.

BTW, the small adhesive strip that Olympus placed in their E-1 and
E-300 cameras has this purpose, to catch dust and dirt, I often wonder
why they don't offer a replacement for this strip?
Do they?

Alfredo

On Aug 30, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> alfredo pagliano wrote:
>
>> A workaround for this, again suggestion from my friend, could be to
>> lube very SPAIRINGLY the alluminium parts undergoing friction, be it
>> against the camera flange or against the lens flange, that, by the
>> way,
>> should be made of stainless steel.
>
> I would not do this.  The lube will catch dirt and dust and make the
> wear problem worse.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo
http://it.beta.messenger.yahoo.com