[OM] Re: Ho-hum, another E-1 shot

Subject: [OM] Re: Ho-hum, another E-1 shot
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:42:48 +1000
> Walt Wayman wrote:
> I feel inclined to brag a little bit now.  These are our
> oldest daughter's dogs.  She's a veterinarian.  These three
> are dogs that were so severely injured when brought to her
> that their owners just wanted them "put down," which is
> something she does for animals she feels are beyond hope.
> But she thought these could be saved.  Their owners didn't
> want to foot the bill, so they just "gave" the dogs to her...

I'm a complete sucker for dog-photos, particularly "At play"
ones like this, which is great. That middle dog looks to be
in a routed situation, but, knowing dogs, it'd be too early
to judge the victor of this "battle".

I've also heard a lot of what you talk about - of the cruelty
and disregard some folks have for their own pets...but also
come to know a lot of folk similar to your daughter (it's
something to do with me being one of the listowners of a
breed-specific list. :-) ). I offer kudos, and humbled
admiration to your daughter. It's always reassuring to come
across people with hearts big enough to hold those rejected
by others - these three look like they may go some way towards
"reward".

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz