[OM] Good news regarding an old post (peripheral OM content)

Subject: [OM] Good news regarding an old post (peripheral OM content)
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarrior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:55:01 -0500
Not quite two years ago I wrote a post entitled "Difficult Assignment"
describing a medical documentation assignment (using the OM-4T). The opening
follows:

"I've just returned from documenting the injuries to a 10-year old girl's
leg
resulting from being drawn under a ski boat with the prop engaged. I've
done medical/legal documentation before and documented a plane crash for the
NTSB (non-fatal injuries). Those involved adults. Seeing a child hurt this
badly by an stupid adult was very, very hard."

After the accident she went into cardiac arrest between the hospital
heliport and the operating room. At that point we didn't know if she would
survive, and later we didn't know if she would walk again. I am happy to
report that Tess has made a certifiably miraculous recovery. She now walks
with barely a limp (though she has no feeling in the foot) and made the 7th
grade vollyball team! Marvelous work by fine surgeons and other
professionals and a little girl with a lot of heart.

Gary Edwards