[OM] Re: ZD 35-100mm f2 Review

Subject: [OM] Re: ZD 35-100mm f2 Review
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:51:49 -0500
Quoting Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Someone finally got their hands on one of these new f2
> zoom's.  Here is a
> small writeup on his findings:
>
> http://www.fot-o-grafiti.hr/default.asp?IDArt=386
>
> It looks like Olympus isn't cutting any corners with
> these lenses!
>                                               -mark

Perhaps Olympus has a strategy after all.  It's the
lenses, and if you want to shoot with them, you'll have to
pick up an E-thingy.

I had the occasion to spend about an hour at luncheon
during my niece's wedding with the photographer.  He was
actually a newspaper photographer, donating his services,
so he was not reluctant to stop and eat and even socialize.

We talked about photography and I got some very good
suggestions about how to utilize the limited time I had in
Oregon after the wedding.  He was shooting Canyon gear,
but his personal film stuff is Nikorn.  He didn't rip
Canyon, but when I mentioned the E-1 he said "Olympus
makes really good lenses."  I didn't find out whether that
was coming off of Mike Hatam's experiments or whether we
was talking about the DZs.  Anyway, it's a cinch that
there won't be any photography with a DZ on a Canyon body.

I just wish they could sell more so that they would be
cheaper.

Joel W.