[OM] Re: ZD 35-100mm f2 Review

Subject: [OM] Re: ZD 35-100mm f2 Review
From: "Paul Braun" <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:49:19 -0500
On 25 Aug 2005 at 17:29, alfredo pagliano wrote:

> It's very funny the hear "gnocchi" pronounced from a german...
>
> with the hard g, like latin.

I cringe when I'm out with other people and someone tries to order
gnochhi.... it's hard to explain how you make the "gn" sound with
your tongue and the roof of your mouth.....

My grandfather tried to teach me how to make it before he died, but
he couldn't.  His way was based on a lifetime of knowing how it
should feel when the mixture was right, and it was something he just
couldn't teach.  He was also a whiz at rolling them off of a fork
with his thumb, something I never got the hang of.

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
cygnus at ctgonline.org
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever." -- David St. Hubbins