[OM] Totally OT - Holy s*#@ Batman, did you see what that MF folder sold

Subject: [OM] Totally OT - Holy s*#@ Batman, did you see what that MF folder sold for . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:17:47 EDT
Some on the list knew I was looking for a Voigtlander Bessa II and in fact
bought one that a list member had put me onto and it arrived yesterday.  It
has the Color-Skopar lens and set me back a tad over $400 with shipping.   The
same camera with the rarer APO-Lanthar lens just closed on ebay at over  $3800.
 ebay # 7539445576.  My camera, bought from a dealer arrived  with 2 or 3
tiny little pin prick size imperfections on the front element,  which was
giving
me some heart burn and which will cause no problems.  I  was going to email
the guy and raise hell as he should have told me about  them.  I may just shut
up and keep on shooting.  And who was it that  said the market for film cameras
was dying?  Centainly not for those  the collectors have an eye on.  Bill
Barber