[OM] OK, my first weekend with the new toy

Subject: [OM] OK, my first weekend with the new toy
From: "Paul Braun" <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 00:35:53 -0500
I just got back from vacation, and haven't had time to process
anything, so I'll post some shots in the next day or two.

First impressions of the E-1 -- I love it!!  Feels right, handles
nicely.  I'm happy.

Newbie mistake -- I forgot that you have to set WB, so almost all of
my outdoor shots are too blue and my indoor shots are all too yellow.

Guess it's time to learn how to use curves in Pshop......fortunately,
I shot almost everything in RAW this first time, since I figured it's
more forgiving of tweaking.

Now, I need to take time to learn all the functions, especially how
to make it behave like an AF OM4 so I can use the aperature-priority
like I'm used to.  For expediency's sake, I left the sucker on Full
Auto all weekend.

I also learned the value of having a second CF card -- I was able to
offload 1gb of stuff to my laptop, but my laptop drive's almost full,
so that was kinda iffy.  A second card wouldn't suck.

When I have time to compose more cohesive thoughts and post some
images, I will do so.

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
cygnus at ctgonline.org
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever." -- David St. Hubbins