[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:08:52 -0500
Quoting Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Earl Dunbar wrote:
>
> >Well doesn't that just shake things up a bit...
> >

> Certainly does for me. I've been debating with myself
> whether to buy a
> super wide for the 1.6x sensors, thinking my next body
> would likely have
> one. If the 5D does indeed settle in at about $2,500, as
> someone
> suggested, it might be a bargain for some people.

Yes, that would be cheaper than the LWMNBN and whatever Oly
will want for the E-2, which I suspect will not surpass the
evolt in pixel count by much.

The 5D rekindles the desire for a digital back for the
Zuikos.  Still, I think I've learned that just being able to
mount a Zuiko is not everything.  I would expect the 90/2 to
work well no matter what the mount, but I don't really know
about the 24s or the 21s or the 18.  I suspect the LWMNBN on
an E-? will leave any camera with a regular Zuiko wide in
the dust.

I think I've gotten over the desire for a full frame sensor.

Joel W.