[OM] Re: Digital works on AC don't like batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital works on AC don't like batteries
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:54:59 EDT
Great to hear it works, Larry!  And that's some nice, complete kit there. I
'only' have the E-10 and the small tele attachment and the FL-40, I'm jealous!
I suspect the "air-tight" yellow case may have held in some humid air. I'd
probably set the camera out in the direct sunshine for an hour or two some dry,
warm day, and/or throw dome dessicant into the camera bag.

 lggriffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
George, Thank you , the trick was  invisible. I got out my trusty pencil
and cleaned all the contacts in holder and camera, and it works! I
wouldn't have believed it. Now I can feel ashamed again. A little
history, I bought this from a /little/ woman. It belonged to her husband
who passed away about 4 years ago. I don't believe that more 2 dozen
pictures had been taken with in looking thru the 6 - SM cards, 5 - 128mb
CF cards, and the 1 gig Microdrive. I took the wire wraps off the AC
adapter, and remote switch. I took the remote sender out of the plastic
bag. It was stored in an air tight yellow case (that will be the subject
of another post), with the flash, wide angle, telephoto extension, and I
got another case with the big telephoto in it.
Thanks Everyone, the list comes through again.
Larry