[OM] Re: Woohoo! It's here!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Woohoo! It's here!!!
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:50:09 -0700
From: Paul Braun [mailto:cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Subject: [OM] Woohoo! It's here!!!

> <jumping up and down like a little kid>

Are we related? :-)

> The E1 showed up today like it was supposed to.

> First impression:  I did the right thing.  I don't mind the heft -- it
feels a lot better-built
> than the Rebel at the theatre.  Since I never got a chance to try an
E300, I can't compare,
> but I don't mind at all.  And it fits my hand just right.

Congrats! That was my first impression as well. And I personally think
it's a much better design than the E-300, too, which I have handled as
well.

> Charging up the battery now in case the CF card decides to finally
show up tomorrow.

Only takes a couple of hours. Nice feature, that.

> Dang -- just checked with the local camera shop -- 72mm Hoya circ
polarizer is $120.
> That ain't gonna happen for this weekend.  I'll just have to be
careful with how I shoot.

Ouch.

> I will post back with further observations tomorrow.

I'll be interested to see what you think. Not to denigrate the other
many impressions that have been posted here, so far, but yours will be
fresh. I'm liking things so far... With one exception I'll elaborate on
in another message.

> I'm off to email for my OM adapter now.

Did that as soon as I walked in from the PO with mine. :-)

> Paul Braun  WD9GCO

---
Scott Gomez