[OM] Digital works on AC don't like batteries

Subject: [OM] Digital works on AC don't like batteries
From: Larry Griffin <lggriffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:43:21 -0700
Hey Guys, Hate to interrupt the current topics of Oly interest, what
bicycle to haul Olys with, Oly's financial condition, and how to back up
Oly picture data. ;-^  Gone 4 years same list 8-) Thanks, Tom
       I bought an E20N about two weeks ago. The E-20 had been sitting
for 4 years with the original batteries in it, needless to say they were
dead. The camera works great on the AC wall wort. In that I'm limited on
extension cords,  I ordered a battery charger and batteries from Thomas
distributing. I charged the new batteries over night as per instructions
and charged the original batteries. All the batteries work in the FL-40
flash. I merrily inserted the new 2500 mah batteries in the battery
holder and turned on the camera, nothing. RTFM, battery check, what
battery check, I don't even get a flicker. Has anyone run into this.
I'll even accept guesses if your willing to put up with my sarcasm.
Good to be back,
Larry