[OM] Nexto CF - was: Re: Back up your data.

Subject: [OM] Nexto CF - was: Re: Back up your data.
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:31:02 +0200
>Bernard,
>
>>  I think the latest Nexto CF firmware (1.94 and 2.42) fixes this.
>
>Yes, but it doesn't help my external drive ;-)

Oh yes ;-) Misunderstood ! You were using the Nexto as an example.

BTW, I do recommend the Nexto as a "digital wallet" to upload your CF
cards on the road. Very quick (copies a 1GB card in less than 2
minutes), good autonomy (20-25 GB before the batteries run dry), can
be connected by Firewire or USB2 to Mac or PC. No screen to review
your pics,just a control screen: this is a just backup device for
pictures. Very compact as weel, fits easily in an external pocket of
my Domke bag.

The Nexto is made in Korea. Can be bought in Rurope through Shuk
(http://shop.shuk.de), where I got it (with a 80GB 2.5" hard drive -
238,90 Euro, shipping included), or Twintek in The Netherlands
(http://www.twintek.nl/nextocf.html).

http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/index.html#special-nextocf.html
http://printerboyweb.net/reviews/NEXTOCF/index.php

and the constructor:
http://www.nextodi.com/english/02product/product_01.html

It seems there is no US importer as yet. Look up dpreview Storage and
Media forum. You can get the Nexto on da Bay as well.

Bernard