[OM] Re: Recordata 3 back

Subject: [OM] Re: Recordata 3 back
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:16:17 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

>C'mon Moose_tell us the truth.
>This was not a mere typo.
>It's been a while since noone talks about the Wyoming factory.
>Perhaps you have some info about something numbered 5 but are forbidden to
>spread the news...

Well, yes, I do have version 5, but it's no use without an OM-5, which
will never be produced. The OM-5 was designed to use the once planned
35mm film with transparent magnetic overlay, as with APS film. Then the
camera could record information about date, film speed, exposure, etc.
on the film, and without messing up the image. All old news now with
digital SLRs and EXIF data in the image file, I'm afraid. I don't
believe an OM-5 prototype ever got out. Probably went in the special
incinerator at the Wyoming facility before EPA cracked down on them. I'd
like to tell you how I came into posession of the prototype Databack 5,
but then I'd have to kill one of us.

So now you know why the digital OM will be the OM-6D. :-)

Moose