[OM] Re: xD or CF?

Subject: [OM] Re: xD or CF?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:42:31 +0000
xD cards are the only kind my wife's new Stylus 800 accepts.  She bought a 1GB
Olympus card with it for exactly the same price ($89.95) I paid for a 1GB
SanDisk Ultra II for the E-1 a couple of months ago.  The xD card is sure a
cute little thing, not even half the size of a CF card.  But if I had a camera
that allowed a choice, I think I'd go with the CF.  I'm not sure I can give a
rational reason, other than the CF card, being larger, is easier to handle and
looks more like it means business.  And I've got two CF card readers.  And
there's a CF card slot in the new TV, but not one for an xD.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --