[OM] Re: Random Image #5/Mt Desert Island

Subject: [OM] Re: Random Image #5/Mt Desert Island
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:03:43 -0700
Wayne Culberson wrote:

>>As a Bezerkeley weirdo, I feel the need to offer some balance on the
>>subject matter <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/stfran.htm>.
>>

>We were on Mt Desert Island, Maine, on Sunday, but I didn't see your saint.

He's not that accessable, being in a friend's backyard which opens onto
a very pretty marsh
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/MtDesert/>. She lives off
Pretty Marsh Road, but on "a" pretty marsh, not "the" Pretty Marsh after
which the road is named.

>Lots of tourists though.
>
>Here is a typical tourist snapshot, my son trying to warm up to one of the
>dolls on the street.
>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3595839

Hard to resist those shots, isn't it? Here's a similar shot of another
Maine friend who is a little older and quite a bit more forward with
chance acquaintances on the street
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/skeleton.htm>. :-)

You can guess from the street shot what time of year we were there. Very
few tourists. The color was still at peak in the South, but generally
past it on Mt. Desert, with a few lovely exceptions, a couple in the
marsh link above. A lot of tourist places were closed or closing. I
think it was a wonderful time to be there - SO few people. We walked for
a couple of hours along the stream from Jordan Pond without seeing
anybody at all. Just magical...
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/JLeaves.htm>

Moose