[OM] Re: OT Web Design

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Web Design
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 05:32:38 -0400
Take a look at my website refresh I am working on:

www.scalesimages.com

It is almost entirely done in PHP (with just a touch of javascript where I
need the size of the user's browser window).

All of the images are dynamically resized and the copyright is automatically
added if the image is over 200 pixels.  In particular, once it loads, resize
the window.  All the images and buttons will automatically resize to fit the
new window.

All of the menu buttons are randomize (click the Images link).

Most importantly, the site dynamically creates itself.  All I have to do is
add a new image to the appropriate directory, and the site updates itself to
include the image. If I want a new menu item, I just create the
appropriately named directory, add the images, and the site updates itself.

The latest feature I added was 'auto-caching', where the site caches the
image with the copyright and shadow, so the next time that image is
requested in that size, it can just load it instead of dynamically resizing
it and adding the shadow.

I like PHP.

Tom