[OM] Re: OM's and vibration, was: Re: Olympus cameras etc in Australia

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's and vibration, was: Re: Olympus cameras etc in Australia
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 01:09:03 -0300
on 1/08/2005 06:04, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> replace them with something, firm foam?, to reduce
> the inner diameter a bit all round.
>
> Moose
Well, what I had in mind in my previous email, was not exactly replacing,
but adding rubber foam to reduce inner diameter.
I use this method to reduce vibration on each glass shelf of my audio gear
(yes, instead of cones or spikes), specially with my vinyl turntable under
which I put twice the height - it floats on a rubber matress (sp?). The
rubber is not too solid, allowing some compression, as if it were a
spring-coiled rubber. Well, my English is not up to an accurate description
at this time of the night, almost falling asleep 'though my fingers can
still type the kybrd zzzzzzzzzz............
/F.