[OM] Re: Film pro goes digi...

Subject: [OM] Re: Film pro goes digi...
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:11:09 -0700
>From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Film pro goes digi, another E-1 photo
>Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:48:05 -0700

>That's a fascinating article. Thank you for posting that. His
>workflow sure looks practical. Canon lenses, though. Even he talks
>about the wide-angles being weak.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this article able Canon lenses
being weak. Canon makes some superb, beautiful lenses. I'd put my
70-200/2.8L up against anything from any other manufacturer anytime.
Come to think of it, my 300/2.8 L or 500/4 L IS, too. And I know
other OM/C*n*n users on this list that would agree with me. What he
refers to is some softness at the corners of the wide angle zooms on
the full frame !Ds sensor shot at larger apertures. This is because
the resolving power of the 1Ds is notably greater than that of 35 mm
film.

Cheers,
Stephen.
--