[OM] Problem with 50-250mm f5 - need help

Subject: [OM] Problem with 50-250mm f5 - need help
From: Johnsonpa@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:53:31 EDT
I recently sold my 50-250mm/f5 to a non-list member (no one here wanted it
:-((
There is apparently a problem with the lens.  I can't seem to  understand the
buyer's description of the problem, so I'm hoping some 50-250mm
owners/repair techs out there might be able to help me to identify the problem
and the
likely fix.  Here is the problem as it was described to me:

Imagine you afffix the camera body to the lens so neither move in any  way.
It is completely rigid.  If you put your hand on the outboard  end of the
lens, (whether all the way in or all the way out)  and pull  up and then let go
the end of the lens will move up and down about 3/16 of an  inch.   The play is
located between the barrel containing the f stop  setting and the barrel that
has the white main focal distance reference  mark.

Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated!
Thanks
--PatrickJ